- New job opening for research on human exposure to future wireless networks.
- Dr. Annelies Bockstael interviewed in June/July issue of UGent community magazine Durf Denken on hearing protection at Summer concerts.
- New job opening for research on indoor localization using wireless IoT technology.
- Pre-announcement for PhD/Post-Doc positions in hearing-impaired sound processing.
- Thesis topics for 2016 - 2017 now available.
- Valorization of research: Dr. Annelies Bockstael contributes to the evaluation of the Flemish legislation for music sound levels – 3 years after its implementation organized by the Government Department Leefmilieu, Natuur en Energie. Her message "Onderzoek UGent: oordopjes beschermen niet voldoende" is picked up by the national newspapers De Standaard, De Morgen and others.
- The 2016 joint meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and the European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA) will be held from June 5 to June 10 in Ghent, Belgium. More information at BioEM2016.org.
- Job opening for researcher for radio channel aspects of 5G and 60 GHz wireless communication. More
- 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting to be held in Ghent. More
- iMinds-WiCa to participate in FP7-GERoNiMO, a new European project on the health effects of electromagnetic fields. Press release.
- Arno Thielens is awarded the Joseph Morrissey Memorial Award for best scientific paper in the platform competition at the Bioelectromagnetics Society (BEMS) and European BioElectromagnetics Association (EBEA) joint meeting (BioEM 2013) in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- WiCa to coordinate the WISE Interreg IV project on safe wireless communication in industrial and work environments. (EU Directive 2004/40/EC on EMF Exposure)
- WiCa Master thesis student Laurens Van Acker develops Google Android conversation assistant for hearing impaired children. Read more: Knack.be news report.